THE PRETTY SITTING TEAM
Follow us on our curtains journey.
Hand made curtains, soft furnishings and eco friendly homewares. Part of Pretty Sitting Upholstery & Interiors.
Bath St., Cheddar, Somerset
who we are
Owners Jill Humphrey and Lucy Mead are fully qualified upholsterers with over 30 years experience between us! Lucy runs our workshop at Barrows House and can advise on all aspects of your restoration project. Jill has worked alongside a successful commercial property developer to create a number stylish and eclectic interiors and can bring her technical expertise and creative eye to both commercial and domestic settings.
We have recently been joined by Molly Humphrey, our Sales Director for Curtains & Blinds. Molly graduated from Falmouth University in Textile Design and has already had several years experience in the Interiors’ industry. Molly can help you in your choice of fabrics and finishes as well as measuring up for your bespoke curtains and blinds.
We have a small and dedicated team of upholsterers, cushion and curtain makers working in our workshop at Barrows House in Cheddar or from their home workspaces close by. We also have relationships with other great artisans, restorers and craft workers who assist us on our projects.
Pretty Sitting is an associate member of the Association of Master Upholsterers and Soft Furnishers, AMUSF. For more information visit their website www.upholsterers.co.uk
At Pretty Sitting we are passionate about handmade, thrifty and eclectic interiors and can help you create the look that you want by using up-cycled, restored and vintage pieces. We are committed to conserving, restoring and re-loving old furniture to save it for future generations.
Pretty Sitting promotes the following values:
- to always buy well
- to make, mend and sell to our customers great quality recycled and hand made products
- to work with suppliers who are moving towards better environmental standards in their processes and production
- to promote the use of natural fibres and fillings
- to buy British and locally sourced products
- to use the best quality upholstery materials so that our chairs last another lifetime
- to work with small independent crafts people and artisan makers
- to inspire our customers and students in the creative and joyful ways of “making do and mend”
- to restore, reuse and relove our stuff…for our children’s future and for the sake of our planet
WE ARE NOT QUITE THERE YET BUT WE ARE WORKING ON IT!
We try to save old furniture and fabrics from going into landfill so if you have no use for something that you think we might like, bring it along to our workshop. Or, better still, sign up for one of our upholstery, sewing or interior design courses and learn to do it yourself!